LED strips have suddenly taken the lighting aesthetics to a different level. Albeit these things aren’t new anymore, most people tend to lean towards LED strips for interior decorations. If you can use them correctly, you can drastically change the ambiance of a room.
But most people shove them upfront faced making the individual diodes visible. That doesn’t look appealing at all. So if you’re willing to make the proper use of LED strips, we’ll love to recommend some of the best-LED strip lights in 2020. We’ve gathered together the top choices, which all have unique features. So without any further ado, let’s get straight into it.
Best LED Strip Lights
The first product on our list is this one from L8star. You have probably never heard of them, but they’re undoubtedly the best sellers when it comes to budget led strip lights. You can get these in both 16 and 50 ft. options. The RGB system makes things so much better.
If you’re a gamer who wants to switch things up a little, you can go for the L8star lights without hesitation.
- The strips are dimmable so that you can adjust the brightness
- The colors are evenly distributed throughout the strips
- 3M grade adhesive doesn’t require additional adhesive to attach
- You can easily control the lighting with the MagisStrip app
- The RGB system produces 16M colors as standard
- The kit is relatively easy to install
Our next set of LED light strip is this one from Pangton Villa. They’re quite famous for their lighting products, and this one is no exception. You can expect customizable controls and multiple presets with this one too.
You can get his one in 6 and 14 ft. options, and you get 36 lights in total. If you’re looking to spice up the back of your TV, then this is the perfect option.
- 16 colors are enough to switch things up
- The remote has multiple presets, and it’s easy to use
- The double-sided adhesive tape is quite durable, and it keeps it in place.
- You can power it up with a 5 volt USB interface
- You’ll get 4 built-in settings to set the mood.
HRDJ makes top-quality lighting equipment. All their lights pack quite a punch compared to their relatively lower prices. This music sync LED strip for them is one of their bestsellers, and for a good reason.
You’ll get 4 different music modes with this one. The best feature of this one is probably the use of music sync. Connect it with a device and see it dance around to the beats of the music. You can also adjust the brightness of the lights according to your needs.
- This comes in 2 16 ft. rolls
- The 20-key IR remote is enough to select the presets
- The built-in mic helps with the Music Sync feature
- You’ll even get additional protection from short circuits or power surges
- The 8 dedicated color keys help you pick the color of your choice quickly
This is another top pick with Wi-Fi. You’ll get two sets of 16 ft. rolls in the package with the TBI Pro. The highest-rated wattage is 60W, so you don’t have to worry about conditional mishaps. If you don’t want the smartphone integration, you can cheap out and opt for the non-Wi-Fi version.
TBI ensures the quality of these strip lights. You won’t have to worry about a single diode breaking any time soon.
- 3M adhesive comes as standard
- Two rolls of 16 ft. lights bring in an abundance of lights
- Just plug and play with easy installation
- The build quality of the remote is unmatched
- You can adjust the brightness to your liking
Next up on our list is this set of LED strip lights from NOVOSTELLA. They are another small company with excellent customer satisfaction. And they do satisfy the customers when it comes to their LED Strip lights. The strips are on a little bit on the higher-priced segment.
But they do come with premium build quality and unmatched reliability. So the price premium is pretty justified.
- The 20 ft. strip makes it easier to customize the entire room
- The whole strip has around 360 diodes
- You can easily install these with the 3M adhesive and plug and play
- You don’t have to worry about inconsistent heat dissipation as the strip takes care of things
If you’re looking for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Music sync on a budget, then Nexillumi has the perfect solution for you. This is their updated version, and they fixed up the firmware according to users’ complaints. The 3M adhesive makes the installation very easy.
The whole system operates at just 5V, so you don’t have to worry about unwanted mishaps. The strip lights also have an IP65 water resistance rating making it a top –buy.
- IP65 water and dust resistance
- Comes with corners and connectors to make the bends easier
- The Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections are relatively stable
- The music sync system works flawlessly.
This 36W monster from Onforu is one of the bestsellers. They don’t compromise quality while keeping the price tag affordable. You’ll get a 33 ft. long strip in a single roll with a well-built controller.
You can adjust the brightness of the lights easily with the dial. This is undoubtedly a feature other companies should consider using.
- Brightness adjusting dial is quite convenient
- You can set it up in minutes with the 3M adhesive for easy installation
- The UL power adapter takes all sorts of safety in mind, so you don’t have to
- You can cut the diodes in between every three LEDs
This one is a little on the expensive side. The RaThun LED strip lights are easy to install. You can change the entire ambiance of your room with the press of a few buttons.
Cut the strip after every 3 LEDs to attach connections. You can use this one for multiple settings.
- 5050 RGB certification means you get the best performance
- The installation is simple because of the 3M adhesive
- The 12V power is relatively safer to work with
- You can set things up with the RGB controller relatively simply
WenTop hit it out of the park with this one. The two rolls of RGB goodness make this budget option a top-choice for gamers. If you’re an RGB enthusiast and want to make your setup come to life, try this set of LED Strip lights, and you won’t be disappointed.
- The adhesive can take higher temperatures
- The 44-key remote comes with multiple functionalities
- Just plug and play without any more hassles
- Perfect for budget gamers
Let’s move on to number one on our list. This one from BIHRTC has everything you can ask for from an RGB LED strip light. You can get this in a couple of sizes, and it’s a top choice for multiple setups.
- 600 LEDs won’t let you live in the dark unless you want to
- The memory setting keeps your last choice in the memory
- The smart App makes things easier to toggle
- You’ll love the music sync settings too
- The 3M adhesive makes installation simple
LED Strip Lights Buying Guides
The first thing you should keep in mind while buying LED strip lights is the power supply. If the pack’s power supply isn’t enough to power all the diodes successfully, you probably shouldn’t pick that one. LED lights consume comparatively lower energy. So most power supplies can light them up without a worry.
It won’t be an issue if you get a higher rated power supply; make sure it isn’t lower than the minimum rating.
A lot of companies are gladly offering smart apps with their lights. This makes things significantly more comfortable to work with. If you can control the brightness and colors of the strip lights with an app on your phone, you don’t have to bother looking for the remote now and again.
Most budget-oriented companies don’t pay much attention to the remote controls of the LED strip lights. But try to look for something that’s built well and comes with multiple functions. It would help if you opted for something that allows you to switch colors or color-modes with the press of a button.
All of the LED strip lights on the list have much to offer. They all come with their unique features and quirks in line with their price tags. So pick the strip light that suits your budget and needs. If you don’t want to change colors now and then, you can stick to a lower-priced static-color light strip. You get the idea.