Before you purchase a ceiling fan, you should understand how to choose a fan light. Here are some tips:
What is ceiling fan light
The answer to the question, “What is ceiling fan light?” depends on the type of ceiling fan. There are several types of ceiling fans: standard, damp/wet, Energy Star, and low profile. A standard fan features a five-blade design and built-in light. These fans come in many different colors and materials and often feature adjustable light shades. To learn more, read on to learn more about the different types of ceiling fan lights.
If you are wondering what the difference between ceiling fan lights and regular bulbs is, consider installing a ceiling fan light kit. These kits attach to ceiling fans, while traditional bulbs provide additional illumination. Some ceiling fan light kits are attached to the fan during retail sale. You can also buy them separately and attach them later. Then, you can choose the type that matches your room’s decor and personal taste. The pros and cons of ceiling fan light kits will be outlined below.
Advantages of ceiling fan light
There are many advantages of ceiling fan lights. These lights come in a variety of designs and can match with the most common types of home decor. LED lights can come in a variety of shapes, and take up less space than conventional light bulbs. This opens up design options for ceiling fan manufacturers. LED lights are generally flush with the bottom of the fan, allowing them to fit in tight spaces. Because LED lights are energy-efficient, they can also be used in areas where there is limited space.
Another advantage of ceiling fans with lights is that they could last a long time. This means that if you don’t use the fan light all the time, you won’t have to change the bulb for a decade. This means that you can buy an LED bulb that can last for 50,000 or more hours. That’s a long time. And LED lights last much longer than traditional CFL bulbs. They are also a better investment if you want your lighting to last longer.
- 💫REVERSIBLE MOTOR: Using GUIQU’s patented pure copper 6-speed low-decibel motor, rigorous testing by professional organizations to 60,000 hours 💡 (“Ceiling fan + 6 bulbs” purchase entrance in the middle part of the link)
- 📩U.S. STANDARD: 110 volts – 120 volts AC/DC AC/DC, bulb removable, E26 standard lamp holder, modern ceiling fan timing function, 1/2/4 hours timer shutdown, fans or lighting can be turned on separately
- 🔧EASY TO INSTALL: All parts of the ceiling fan are already assembled, can be installed within one hour without an electrician, can be installed as a wall control and remote control, wall control please buy wall control switch
- 🎁TIE ROD OPTION: Get support from the store’s customer service and you can get 2 “3.9” and 7.8″ tie rods for easy installation to lift the ceiling fan
- 🛡GUIQU AFTER-SALES: 30 days worry-free return, Hassle-free replacement parts, 19 professional teams to cooperate with each other, 💯Satisfied after-sales is our development philosophy, 7×24 hours online customer
Size Your Fan to the Room
Before purchasing a new ceiling fan, make sure you’ve sized the room. The square footage of the room will help you determine the right size. You’ll also need to measure the height of the ceiling to determine the correct style and mount. For an even greater degree of accuracy, measure the distance between the center of the ceiling and the tip of one blade. Then, divide the total measurement by four. In other words, the ceiling fan’s sweep should be equal to the square footage of the room.
When choosing a ceiling fan, it’s important to know the height of the ceiling, and whether or not the space is high or low. A fan with a low span will smack into walls, while one with a large span will not provide enough air circulation. In general, you’ll want to leave at least seven feet of clearance between the ceiling fan and the nearest wall. If the ceiling in your room slopes, you’ll want to consider a fan with a down-rod.
- PERFECT SIZE: This ceiling fan is the perfect fit for up-beat living rooms, bedrooms, dens and common areas and any area up to approximately 400 square feet, allowing you to maintain your comfort without sacrificing style.
- REMOTE CONTROL OPERATED – Control the 52 inch ceiling fan from anywhere in the room. With the remote control, you can adjust the light and brightness in the living room, bedroom or kitchen and set the speed of the fan without stretching for the pull chain.
- MOUNTING OPTIONS: Indoor 52 inch LED ceiling fan with lights and remote control, 2-position mounting system allows for standard or angled mounting, ideal for large rooms up to 400 square feet (20 feet by 20 feet)
- MODERN CEILING FAN: Frosted glass provides soft illumination and contrasts beautifully with the matte black housing, 2*E26 base bulb socket. Contemporary and modern style large room ceiling fan in black. Dimmable light function, we recommend A19 dimmable LED bulbs for perfect illumination(Bulb not included).
- MULTI-SPEED REVERSIBLE FAN MOTOR: This motor delivers ultra-powerful airflow with quiet performance. The reversible control function allows you to switch the direction of the classic wood ceiling fan from downward airflow during the summer to upward during the cooler winter period to reclaim lost heat from the ceiling and save on electricity cost.
- DUAL-FINISH REVERSIBLE BLADES: The style is up to you! 5-reversible black/black marble blades, this ceiling fan comes with a different finish on each side of the blades. Pick the finish that best fits your space!
- From delivery time: 2 years motor, 1 year warranty for other parts. Damaged lampshades caused by transportation will be replaced free of charge. All problems will be properly solved by contacting brand customer service through amazon website.
Get the Height Right
Before you purchase a ceiling fan, be sure to take measurements of your ceiling. If the ceiling is less than eight feet high, a low-profile fan will work just fine. If the ceiling is higher, you can choose a ceiling fan with a downrod to lower the height of the fan. Be sure to find the height of the fan, which includes the motor housing and lighting fixture. You can find this information on the ceiling fan’s box or in the user manual. Then, subtract that measurement from the ceiling height that you want to hang your ceiling fan.
When choosing a ceiling fan, be sure to measure the length and width of the room where it will be installed. The width and length of the room should be the same, so you can measure the height of the ceiling fan with the same length. The distance between the ceiling fan and the wall should be at least 18 inches. The height of the fan should also be the same as the height of the walls, doors, and ceiling-height cabinets.
- Wide Application: 3 down rods 5″/10″/24″, matte black finish, stylish and vintage design, moisture-proof level, great for any indoor and covered outdoor space, living room, bedroom, child room, patio.
- High-quality After-sales Service: Lifetime warranty for motors and 15 years warranty for accessories. If you have any installation and after-sales problem, pls contact our professional U.S. after-sales service team at any time, they will solve your problem within 24 hours.
- Ceiling Fan with Lights: Integrated NiteCore Extreme LED Light (30% higher price than others), 1500 Lumen, 18W, 3000K warm light, 4000K natural light, 6500K white light, 20%-100% brightness adjustment, no flicker, no buzz, safe to eyes and energy saving.
- Ceilng Fan with Remote: Handy remote control, independently turn ceiling fan/ light on/off, adjust the fan speed from low, medium to high level, reversible function, no loud beep, no buzz.
- Reversible ETL Motor: Hand-craft cooper motor, 35W ultra-powerful, max CFM 5250, quieter performance, reversible for winter use and summer use, ETL certificated, higher cost but safer & higher quality & longer service life then without ETL products.
- Easy Installation: Dimension 52″, Height: 16″/21″/35″ from ceiling to bottom (5″ /10″/24″ Downrod for free choice), weight 13 lbs. Please install the fan according to the instructions included in the box, there is a QR code on the instructions, pls scan to watch the detailed installation video.
The Right Blades for Your Fan
To make sure that your ceiling fan is providing the proper amount of airflow, you should choose the right blades. To determine the size of your fan, first measure the room’s square footage. Then, determine how many blades will be needed for the size of your ceiling. The right blades can make a big difference in the airflow your ceiling fan provides. You should also consider the motor power of the fan. The motor will help move air more efficiently.
Choosing the right ceiling fan can be a daunting task, as the right blades can make or break the quality of the fan. This is particularly true when it comes to choosing three or four-bladed models. These fans are not very different in terms of function, but they are still very important to the appearance of your ceiling fan. The right blades will also save you money on utility bills. Here are some things to consider when choosing your fan’s blades:
Choose controls and settings for ceiling fan light
In order to operate your ceiling fan with lights, you need to first set up the remote control for the fan. This will enable you to turn on and off the lights. You can also dim the light. This remote control is a helpful feature if you’re not at home during the day. Once you’ve done this, you can switch off the light by pressing the back or forward buttons. You can also choose the settings and controls for the light to match the mood in your room.
- 【Unique looks and safe design】This industrial/rustic caged ceiling fan looks very beautiful,it is enclosed with 8 ABS blades hidden in the cage to avoid accident caused by getting involved in the blades ,so it’s much safer than traditional fans.
- 【Super quiet】: This 17.7 inch fan light is insert with a silent pure copper motor, which can bring stable and strong power with noiseless.
- 【Remote control】: 3 speeds control, low/medium/high; 4 Models time, You can set time 1/2/4/8 hours for fan
- 【Material】: Black iron metal case and ABS fan blades. With 2 down-rods: Black ceiling fan with light is equipped with two poles( 3.9inch /7.8inch ), and can be installed according to ceiling height.
- 【Small but mighty】:Black iron metal basket cage create a Rustic and Modern Farmhouse decor and Urban Industrial and Coastal interior settings.You can get 30 days unsatisfied replacement free or return 100% refund service.
How to use your ceiling fan light in winter
One of the most important things to consider when using a ceiling fan in the winter is the direction of the blades. While the blades of a summer model should spin counterclockwise, the winter ones should spin clockwise. To change the direction of your ceiling fan, turn the switch on its motor housing in the winter mode. Alternatively, you can switch the motor on its wall panel. To do so, turn off the fan first.
- Dimmable LED Light: This flush mount ceiling fan light can be from bright to dim. All settings are remembered when turning off lights with remote.
- Two Rotation Modes: forward rotation in summer to lower the temperature to bring cool breeze and reverse rotation in winter to increase air circulation for more balanced room temperature.
- Multi-blades & Timing Function: The fan’s DC motor and 5 blades run smoothly, provides strong airflow, no noise, and timing (2h). Measures 21.6 x 21.6 x 8.2 inch.
- Easy to Clean: The enclosed fan with invisible blades can direct the air to all corners of the room making the air better circulate, and easy to clean.
- Easy to Install: We have installed most of the parts, you don’t need complicated assembly, just connect the wires and install the ceiling. A detailed user manual is included in the package, where all your questions can be found.
Using your ceiling fan during the winter means switching its direction. The correct direction for a summer-oriented fan is counterclockwise. Reversing this will force warm air to move upward and draw cold air down. This way, you can keep your home warmer without putting your heating system through the wringer. If you are unsure of which direction your ceiling fan needs to turn in winter, use a manual reverse switch to move it upward and to the right.