LED lights are one of the most energy efficient closet lighting. They produce minimal heat, which makes them perfect for installing behind glass cabinet doors. Not only they are energy efficient, but they also add value to your room. The LED lights are highly durable and can last for years. So, you should definitely invest in this type of lighting for your closet. The next time you need to buy new bulbs, go for LED lights. The benefits of LEDs are too numerous to list here.
What is closet light
Depending on the size of your closet, the right amount of closet light can illuminate a whole closet. The amount of light you need depends on the closet’s dimensions and the brightness you want. You can estimate how many lumens per square foot your closet needs by multiplying its square footage by the desired number of lumens per square foot. For example, a 7 feet by 10 feet walk-in closet should have about 1,400 lumens of light.
Another type of closet light is the motion-sensor type. These feature three different color temperatures, dimmable settings, and stepless brightness adjustment. They are battery-powered and are available in different lumen levels. The best part is, you can even choose the brightness level to match your closet’s needs. Different from other closet lights, this type of light will not hurt your eyes, and it won’t bother others. The color and size of the light bar are completely customizable to match your taste.
- 【Upgrade design closet lights】The new design concept allows this closet light to have 3 adjustment modes, mode1:constant light mode, mode2:night motion sensing mode,mode3:all-day motion sensing mode.Match the appropriate mode according to the usage scene,no hands-on, motion-sensing, smart and brilliant.
- 【High-quality materials】The 1200mAH battery has the largest capacity in its class, complies with UN38.3 certification requirements, up to use 1.5 months on a full charge,avoid frequent charging and ensures the safety of electricity consumption.This cabinet light has 30 high-quality LEDs, stable luminescence, no flicker, and can be used continuously for up to 8000 hours.
- 【Eye protection and memory function】 The unique stepless dimming mode can meet the needs of different environments, brightness can be dimming between 3000k-6000k, side light source superimposed light shielding technology, avoid strong or dim light from harming the eyes. The memory function can still maintain the brightness of the last use when you use it next time, saving the time to adjust the brightness and quickly meeting your needs.
- 【Easy to install】iron patch and tape patch are included in the package. Just use the tape patch to fix the iron patch to the place where you plan to use the cabinet light. The built-in magnet of the cabinet light can be attached to any Where there are iron materials, when charging is needed, just remove the lamp and charge it.
- 【Multiple situation】 This closet light is famous for its excellent design and usage experience. It is suitable for closets, cabinets, corridors, stairwells, bedrooms, attics, basements, children’s rooms, kitchens, living rooms, garages, storage rooms, etc. It can be carried outdoors as a mobile light source or any place that needs extra light.
Closet lighting can be recessed or surface-mounted. Some of them feature motion sensors and are even wireless and battery-powered. Some have an adhesive backing, which makes them easy to install. You can buy a wide variety of types of closet lighting from various stores. They come in various styles and colors, and they are available in different styles and materials. If you don’t find the exact closet light you’re looking for, read the reviews on Amazon to find the best type for you.
Types of Closet lighting
There are many different types of lighting in a closet, and choosing the right one depends on the style and decor of your space. Recessed lighting is an easy way to add ambient lighting to your closet without sacrificing functionality. This style of lighting is generally round or octagonal, with a diameter of about 3 to 5 inches. Track lighting is an excellent choice for walk-in closets and contains individual light bulbs mounted on a metal bar that can be twisted to provide directional lighting to specific areas. Motion sensor lighting is another option for automatic lighting, which turns on when motion is detected. Wireless lighting is another option for closets, as it doesn’t require electric wiring, and runs on batteries.
- 1、★【New upgrading】: This led closet lights with 54 lamp beads adopt a new design and production process. The LED lamp emits light on the side. The light is refracted to the light guide plate through the reflector, and then evenly distributed on the lamp surface through the diffuser plate. This light is brighter (with a brightness of up to 350 lumens), but it is not glare and the light is quite soft. This usb rechargeable led undercabinet lighting is made of aluminum alloy.
- 2、★【EASY TO INSTALL】Built-in Magnet to Stick on Any ironwork: This wireless motion sensor closet light can stick on any ironwork, or you can use the included adhesive tape to tape and iron sheet to stick on any non-iron article surface. When need charge or change place, you can the take closet light off anytime.
- 3、★【3 Working Modes Adjustable】: These stick on closet lights have a 3 mode switch which is On-Off-G to set it always ON,Off or Motion Sensor mode. Therefore, you can used these closet lights as normal night light for closet/cabinet/drawer or motion sensor light.under G mode and dark environment, these under cabinet lights will automatically senses human motion within 10ft/120°range and shuts off automatically after 20 seconds of no movement.
- 4、★【USB Rechargeable and Energy Saving】: These led battery operated lights built-in 2500mAh high-capacity rechargeable battery, easily charged via the USB cable(included). After fully charged, the wireless under cabinet lighting can last for about 3 hours when you make it (ON)mode, and 2-4 weeks under motion sensor(G) mode(activate 10 times a day).
- 5、★【Wide Application】: This multifunctional cabinet light is ideal for the bedroom, baby room, closet, closets, cabinet, corridor, workshop, basement, garage, stairwell,garage entrances pantry and other places.We provide two-year quality assurance. Please feel free to contact us if you have any doubt.
Depending on the layout of your closet, you can choose between three different types of lighting. These include recessed lighting, track lighting, and strip lighting. Each has a different bulb and mount, and some have additional features like motion sensors and battery powered systems. In addition to these types of lighting, you can choose between a battery-operated model or a more traditional electrically powered option. If you choose a wired style, be sure to consider the wiring of your closet before you purchase any fixtures.
Benefits of closet lighting
Closet lights are a great way to provide ample lighting for your storage space. These fixtures are generally installed about 12 inches from the space to be illuminated. This distance prevents hot light from getting near delicate clothes, while still allowing you to use these lights. Fluorescent and LED bulbs offer excellent light while being safer and more energy efficient than traditional bulbs. Here are some tips for choosing the best closet lighting fixtures. The benefits of both types of lighting are discussed below.
LEDs emit a cool white light that is easier on the eyes. They also give your closet a modern look, making it easier for you to find clothing. While they are more expensive upfront, LEDs do not emit high levels of heat, making them a safer option. They also last longer. LEDs are a good choice if you want to reduce your electric bill. They also have a longer lifespan than conventional bulbs, making them a worthwhile investment.
- 【THREE WORKING MODES】 You can choose as you needed! Mode 1 (OFF) is always turned off. Mode 2 (ON) Always opens that we have always been in a bright environment, making us more secure in the dark, which allows us to use it like using flashlights. Mode 3 (Auto) induces the induction to open the light low and darkness.
- 【THREE COLOR TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENT】 Simply press the button to adjust the color of the light. Warm white, normal white, cold white. And this appliance will remember the color of the last time, So don’t need to be adjusted repeatedly next time. Three types of colors can adapt to the various scenes you want. For example, wardrobe, corridor, bed, closet, bookcase, windowsill, entrances, bedrooms.
- 【FLEXIBLE MOTION SENSOR】With the human body infrared induction technology, it can detect the motions in the dark. Constant induction allows it to be able to acquire human body movement within 10 feet & 120 degrees, and close after 15 seconds. Oversize battery capacity can endow more than 4 hours in the case of normally lit.
- 【QUALITY MATERIAL, UNIQUE DESIGN】 The outer casing of the FOMZZE wardrobe lamp is made of aluminum alloy. It is treated with high-temperature oxidation. Aluminum alloy lamps have better heat dissipation than other lamps in the market. The quality plastic light-transmitting material protects your eyes with no hurt, makes people a better illumination experience. The frosted design looks more upscale than the single LED lamp.
- 【ULTRA-THIN & EASY INSTALLATION】Our LED wardrobe light can be installed within 10 seconds. The light is only 0.31inches thin, almost as thin as your phone, and very light. Therefore, we can easily attach it to iron sheets, or non-ferrous places. Do not have to worry about it fall down. Any small space can be installed.
A proper closet lighting system will also improve your visibility while getting ready in the morning. It will help you wake up more easily in the morning and help you feel better about yourself. Proper lighting will make you feel better about yourself and give you more energy throughout the day. The right closet lighting will improve your overall appearance, as well as your self-esteem and mood. You can wake up more confident when you’re properly lit, which will carry over throughout your day.
How Many Lumens Does a Closet Need
You may wonder how much lighting you need for your closet. The answer varies with different rooms, but generally, 20 to 30 lumens per square foot are adequate for most walkways. If your closet is just a small room, you can install ribbon lighting over the top of the closet rod. For a larger closet, consider installing track lighting or a chandelier near the entrance. However, it’s important to follow building codes and follow fire safety regulations to prevent fire hazards.
The brightness and color temperature of your lighting system will help you determine how much you need. LED light systems generally have low power consumption. Nevertheless, they produce a higher level of light than conventional bulbs, so they will need more wattage. If you have a small closet, you can install a 7-15 watt LED light system to produce 500 to 1,000 lumens. However, if you have a large closet, you may need higher-wattage LED bulbs or additional light fixtures.
- ✔️𝐁𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐄𝐲𝐞-𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠:This led closet lights with 33-LED beads, enough brightness for your kitchen cabinet. To protect your eyesight, the led beads are placed on the two sides of the light body,so light will not directly hurt your eyes, and looks more decent with the soft lighting. Also, this led closet light is very friendly to children or patients with Dry eye syndrome.
- ✔️𝟏𝟎%-𝟏𝟎𝟎% 𝐃𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 & 𝟑𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐬:These stick on closet lights have a 3 mode switch with one button, you can simply choose the brightness or mode of this under cabinet light.Therefore, you can used these closet lights as normal night light for closet/cabinet/drawer or motion sensor light.How to dim: Just long press the switch to choose the brightness. How to change mode: Quick press once into Always-on Mode, press again into Motion Sensor Mode,one more press to turn off.
- ✔️𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐫 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠: Free your hands with this motion sensored under counter light. These under cabinet lights will auto illuminate within someone walks by about 10ft (3m, 120°), auto-off after about 25 seconds with no motion detected. If you keep moving within the sensing range, the light will keep on!
- ✔️𝐔𝐒𝐁-𝐂 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠:These led battery operated wireless motion sensor lights is easier to use. Equipped with new USB-C tech and 1100mah battery, it only takes 3hrs to fully charged, and lights up for 30 days on Motion Sensor Mode(Lights up 9 times every day), or5 hrs on Always-on Mode.
- ✔️𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐀𝐁𝐂:Built-in Magnet to Stick on Any ironwork: This wireless motion sensor closet light can stick on any ironwork，Magnetic design saves all the troubles with screws or drills. Stick on any cabinets or closets you need, and detach it from the magnetic base to recharge the light bar anytime. Easy to handle for elders or kids.
The type of lighting you choose is important too. Color and glare-free illumination are essential for the usability of your closet. Lighting should also enhance the look of your wardrobe, which is why clothes closets need adequate illumination. In addition, full-length mirrors need the right kind of lighting, such as an illuminated mirror, so that they show off the best colors. Additionally, a decorative chandelier can add to the elegance of your closet.
What to Consider Choosing the Best Closet Light
What to consider when choosing the right closet light? The size, layout, and design of the room will all impact the selection. Also, keep in mind local building codes. The style and color of your closet lighting should match the overall design of the room. Many closet lights are trimmed to match the color of the drywall, but you can also opt for a light that isn’t white. Colors other than white will add a decorative element.
The size of your closet will determine the type of lighting you want. A walk-in closet is generally larger, so you can go for decorative lighting, like semi-flush lights. A standard closet, on the other hand, will have fewer lights and a more streamlined design. Consider the space you have available, the style you want, and the size of your closet before choosing the right type of lighting.
- MOTION SENSOR LED LIGHT BAR: Upgrade your home ambiance and add a touch of elegance and technology with VyanLight Motion Sensor LED Lights. Our closet light features Passive Infrared Technology (PIR), which detects human motion to turn it on in the dark. The wardrobe-led light comes with 10 high-quality LED lights to provide bright lighting in a dark environment.
- BUILT-IN HIGH-QUALITY SENSORS: This motion sensor night light has a 9-foot sensor range to automatically turn off after 20 seconds with no motion or if other light sources are detected. WORKS IN THE DARK ONLY Light sensor detects other lights and won’t switch on the light. The 7.5″ x 1.2″ LED bar makes an optimal solution for lighting compact spaces and dark corners.
- BATTERY OPERATED BRIGHT LIGHTS: VyanLight motion-activated LED lights are wireless for quick, easy, and neat installation. Each under-cabinet light bar is powered by 4 AAA batteries (not included). Detach the lights from the magnetic strip for quick battery replacement. The built-in daylight sensor ensures a long battery life by not turning on when other light sources are detected.
- MULTI-PURPOSE AND DURABLE: This motion sensor cabinet light is made using high-quality materials that will not break, bend, or corrode with time. This motion sensor night light is perfect for use in the kitchen, closet, pantry, hallway, bathroom, drawers, attics, basements, kid’s room, cupboard, storage room, garage, storm cellar, vanity mirror, workstation, and any other dark place.
- EASY TO INSTALL: These motion sensors under cabinet light include a magnetic strip with an adhesive backing for easy peel and stick installation. The automatic light for closet attaches to the magnetic strip for detaching and battery replacement. No tools, screws, or nuts are required to install these motion lights for closet. Mount it on any dry, clean, and flat surface.
If you need to add extra lighting to the closet, consider an LED track light. These lights are versatile and are often hidden in recessed areas. They can be paired with traditional incandescent bulbs or energy-efficient LED lights. They can be adjusted to light up the entire closet or a specific area. This can be particularly useful if you have a seasonal wardrobe. You can adjust the light’s color temperature and brightness with ease, and even get a remote control for your lighting.
Closet lighting ideas
The most important consideration when installing a light in a closet is safety. Lighting fixtures in closets must not use pull chains or bare bulbs, as they pose a fire hazard. You should also opt for a wall-mounted fixture, since all bulbs must be enclosed and regulated by a wall switch. You can also install puck or motion lights to revitalize the interiors of drawers. These light fixtures are particularly beneficial for closet drawers, which are notoriously dark.
Unlike other lighting fixtures, closet lights do not need to be surface mounted. They can be installed within a double-shelf arrangement that conceals the wires and provides a clean appearance. A motion-detection system can also be installed in closets, as it eliminates the hassle of looking for the light switch when you are trying to find something. A motion-detection light also makes it possible to use a remote control to adjust the light pattern, which can be particularly convenient in small spaces.
- Motion Activated – With a built-in PIR motion detector of 120° detection angle, this smart LED motion sensor closet light will instantly turn on when it detects motion from up to 18 feet away, as well as turn off automatically after 20 seconds of no motion.
- Energy Saving Battery Operated Light – Functioned by energy-effective design, this wireless LED closet lighting only turns on under dark ambient when motion is detected. Shut off in a bright environment to help prolong battery life.
- Easy To Install&Wide Application – No wire needed, quickly and easily install in less than 5 minutes. WhitePoplar Motion Sensor battery-powered Light is perfect for dark areas around your home, including the closet, basement, shower, stairs, garage, pantry, hallway, storage bathroom and etc.
- 300 Lumens – Ultra bright LED ceiling light indoor diffuses well in all directions and also spreads a wider coverage of 120sqft. No dimming and no dizziness, comfortable brightness come to see clearly without irritating your eyes in sudden lighting. Make sure you never stumble in the night.
- Wireless Battery Powered – LED Ceiling Light powered by 4 D-cell batteries(not provided). Expect about half a year of light on each set of batteries with average use of 8-10 activation a day. Auto On, Free your hand anywhere, no more fumbling for the light switch in the dark.
Recessed lighting in closets is another excellent idea. Recessed puck lights can provide a warm glow on both ends, making it easier to see what’s in your drawers. You can even install recessed puck lights to highlight your treasured items. Ensure that you leave enough space between the light and the surface it illuminates, and make sure you hire a professional to install any lighting. Also, consider installing a switch outside the closet.
There are many things to consider when choosing a closet light. It’s important to consider the National Electrical Code, which is published by the National Fire Protection Association every three years. This code sets building codes for most commercial and residential spaces, including storage areas. It’s also a good idea to check the color rendering and correlated color temperature of each light fixture. These factors will help you determine which closet lights are most appropriate for your needs.
LED and fluorescent bulbs are two of the most energy-efficient options for closet lighting. They can be placed behind glass cabinet doors and produce the least heat. And that, LEDs can last a long time and are safe for the environment. LED lights are also a good investment in terms of aesthetics. LED bulbs are an excellent choice for any closet. They’ll add style and value to your home. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today and get the lighting you’ve always wanted!